About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Towers So Tall

Whole Foods opened yesterday!!  I really wanted to go, so Maddie and I packed up and headed that way.  Of course I had no address, and just a general idea of where the place was, so after a few detours we had finally arrived!  I knew it would be busy, but I thought by going during the day it would be manageable.
It wasn't. 
The parking lot was completely packed.  With about 10 cars driving around looking for some magical spot to park, I knew this was a battle we wouldn't win.  I cut my losses and left.  Lately I've been doing about 90% of our grocery shopping in health food stores and organic markets.  Unfortunately, they are not right around the corner, so we drive some more. 
Maddie was a trooper, but even she was so done with our grocery shopping excursion by the time we got home!  After nap, you can imagine we were both eager to just hang out and PLAY!!
And play we did...yesterday we built towers!
Every block stacked received a glorious clap and a thrilling cheer!
She was so proud to have stacked her tower so high!!  She did it all by herself, with mommy only handing her the block.  

I'm so proud of her!  Just like her tower, she's growing up so tall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment