About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Our Advent Day #5

For Day 5 of our advent activities, we read Luke 2:12 and made a Baby Jesus craft. 
I got all of the stuff ready...
a little treasure wooden treasure box from Hobby Lobby, 
strips of fabric, 
shredded grocery bag for hay, 
wooden peg boy  also from Hobby Lobby, 
Paint!!
A baby Jesus book (optional)

Once everything was all set up, Maddie took things and ran with it.  She began painting the box, or uh "manger." 
She was in deep concentration with her tongue out and "humming" a little something...
oops...got some on the fingers!
oh well, carry on. : ) And...

Ta Da!!  Here's our little baby Jesus in his manger.  
Kyle says he looks like a mummy in a sarcophagus!  Ha ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment