About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Spring is Coming!

I cannot WAIT to get out in my flower beds and start working.  And this is what we have in the works for our garden...
Look what can happen in just five short days! 
Now, if only we could have this much growth when it comes to self discipline!  Maddie and I did survive the day with no T.V.  There were no major fits or tantrums, but I'm thinking I may have a little passive aggressive genius to contend with!  I have never ever ever had any problems with Maddie at the grocery store.  But this afternoon we had to make a quick trip to pick up a few things and the little rascal WOULD NOT listen.  She refused to sit in the seat so when I allowed her to sit in the back of the cart with the condition she had to sit, she just acted like she didn't hear me.  It's almost like she knew we were in a public place and this was her prime chance to take out her revenge for denying her Elmo. I even had to pull out the ole, "look at my face" business.  I hate disciplining in public! 
But if these tiny little seeds can grow that big in such a short amount of time, I think we can too!  I'm all for moderation, and believe me once we get a better routine in place there will be more Sesame Street...for my sanity as well as her enjoyment!  But for now, I'll stick with the no T.V. and see how it changes us.  And if spring symbolizes new growth and a fresh new start...come quickly please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment