About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

How to Make Sure Your Toddler's Teeth are Really Getting Brushed

Maddie has hit that autonomous stage where she wants to do everything herself. 
You know, the "terrible twos." 
I'm actually happy about that, but the only problem is although toddlers at this stage want to do everything themselves, they may not be able to handle everything.

I was really struggling trying to figure out how I could allow her to brush her teeth all by herself, yet making sure that they really did get brushed well.  
It occurred to me that she also really wants to do everything I do.

So why not let her brush my teeth the way I wanted to brush hers.  

So now, we brush teeth together.  After I'm finished with mine, and she's finished with hers, we switch brushes.  She brushes my teeth and this allows me to make sure her teeth get brushed really good!!

Problem solved. : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment