About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Not-So-Scary Thunderstorm

Early yesterday morning as the rain came down and the thunder rolled, I kept thinking how wonderful it was to be in our nice, cozy bed at home.  
Maddie has been sleeping in her own room, but every night around 1:00 or 2:00 she comes to our room and gets in bed with us.  
I loved that we were all together and I could listen to the rain and thunder and not fear for our safety at the same time. 
Now that I think about it, it didn't even occur to me to be scared.  
Must be a God-thing!
"thanks Jesus!"

Speaking of the bed...
I have been trying to establish a new morning routine which involves making the bed.  
As Maddie was "helping" make the bed yesterday, I had to grab the camera.  
The first time I've "grabbed the camera" for a little impromptu photoshoot since the tornado!


The light was gorgeous, highlighting the brushfield spots in her eyes, one of the many beautiful features her extra chromosome has to offer!

I really want to frame these three as a set and hang them above our bed.  
Another change I'm making...only decorating with photographs, artwork of a different kind :)  

I promised pictures of the new furniture, but I was an a bit scatterbrained, preoccupied and left my camera on all day and all night and completely drained the battery...nice.  
So, I promise pictures will come (hopefully tomorrow!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment