About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Maddie's First Conversation

I realized last week I've taken communication for granted when Maddie and I had our first real conversation!
We were walking to the park.  
Maddie was in her stroller.
As we turned the corner, and she realized we were going to the park this was our conversation...

Maddie: (squealing with delight) YAY!!  Slide, yay!
Me:  Yeah, the slide?  Is that what you're most excited about?
Maddie:  Kank-ooo (thank-you) momma!!

She's always been able to communication, whether it was non-verbal, using signs/gestures, and a few words here and there.
But this...
was a REAL back-and-forth conversation!!!

It's so exciting : )  


She's accomplishing so much.
I can only imagine what things she will accomplish next year. 

2 comments:

  1. she's getting so big! I've only posted a couple of times, but I wanted you to know I'm a big Maddie fan. What a sweetie-pie! And I love the way you approach exposing her to everything she's encounter in her future. I think my favorite post was the one where she was dancing with your husband at a wedding (perhaps last summer?)... gosh, she's just blossoming! Will be back for more Maddie adventures during this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comments! It's so comforting to know we have so many Maddie fans out there!! : ) BTW- I love your blog and the snowman jokes...lol.

      Delete