About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, April 19, 2013

I've Got Some Catching Up To Do! First Up, Easter!

Ah, finally.
A quiet morning with a now-healthy little one and time to blog!

Maddie survived her first tummy bug.  
At 4 1/2, I would say we are certainly lucky to have avoided that so long.
It's awful!

So on to happier topics...Easter!  
Easter was really different for us this year.

It was the first year since Kyle and I have been married (13 years!) that we stayed home.  

On the Saturday afternoon before Easter, I decided I would do a big Easter dinner for the three of us.
Whole, roasted chicken, broccoli, green salad, some other veggie, and rolls.  
That turned into pizza.  
But...at least it WAS homemade!

AND, this was the first year I didn't sew Maddie's Easter dress.  
Although I did enjoy having the dress purchased and ready a month ahead of time, this will definitely change next year.  
That brief moment of enjoyment could not replace the joy of staying up late the night before trying to finish the last hem, having the sewing machine do crazy things it's never done before, realizing I bought the wrong size zipper, have cut the pattern out wrong, and have sewn the sash backwards! 
Yes, it's crazy but I totally missed it this year!

Plus, we never even dyed Easter eggs.  
OK, wait...I'm just now realizing now that we actually had a sad little Easter. (lol)

Maddie sure looked cute though!



Hope your Easter was happy, happy, happy! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment