About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, April 12, 2013

I'm 35!!


A few weeks ago I celebrated my 35th birthday. 
I have 3 gray hairs and the sleep lines linger a lot longer than they used to in the mornings.

Despite that, I still feel 25!

It was a great day with a sweet birthday surprise from the ladies at bible study and a great dinner with friends.  
Maddie made us napkin hats!

I got this from Kyle....
any guesses at what it could be?

Keep reading to find out! :)  

One of my best buddies from grade school invited me to come work out with her.  

I got really concerned when she told me she's only thrown up once. 

I haven't "worked out" in years!!

After a very intense workout, I didn't feel so great, but I had survived!  
But then, as the day went on  and especially the next day, every cell in my body was screaming, 
"YOU'RE 35!"
"YOU ARE NO LONGER 18, OR 25, OR 29...YOU'RE 35!!"

It was brutal, but the cells are right.  
It's time to really start taking care of myself which means more regular exercise
and continuing to eat well.  


Which brings me back to the mystery gift from Kyle. 

It's a rice cooker!  

It cooks the BEST brown rice you've ever tasted.
It's fluffy just like white rice with the great, nutty flavor of brown rice.
Best of both worlds. 

Plus, we made steel cut oats that were absolutely delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment