About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Creating Playtime Memories with Toilet Paper

I love Christmas break.
I love that schedules take a backseat and the days are unstructured.  

Maddie's imagination has suddenly come alive and instead of just stacking or lining items up, she actually plays with things now.  

She will often go to the kitchen, closet, or pantry to find playthings.  
On this particular day, she found a perfectly good roll of toilet paper- which became snow.  



We had a lot of fun playing and pretending and it felt liberating to "let go" of the adult instinct to not make a mess.  



I'm convinced that the messier things get, the more creative the brain becomes.  

What's good for the brain is also good for the soul.
Christmas break gives us a chance to reconnect, play, and just enjoy each others company, and I'm a little sad we only have a couple more days left.  


No comments:

Post a Comment