About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Missin' Maddie

Maddie was here Sunday through Friday last week.  
I loved having her with us, but the reality is, we just have a couple more weeks of work ahead, and by sending her back to Woodward we can work hard and get it done a lot quicker!
I miss her so much!!

When she was here, my entire outlook was different.  
Everything is better with her. 
Is it possible the sun shines brighter when she's around?

(We tried to go out for a walk one night, but it there was too much debris - glass, nails, concrete, etc.  still on the sidewalks so Daddy had to give a shoulder ride.)

Things are looking up.  
The crew has moved on to texturing the drywall and will get everything painted in the next couple of days.  

Then all that's left is rebuilding the vanities in the master bath, lighting in the master bath, and flooring!
After that, we can move back in and finish up the outside painting and guttering later.  

We moved out of Tinker Temp housing on Friday and moved into Marriott's Springhill Suites.  
SO MUCH BETTER!

We don't have little bugs crawling around keeping us company.
There's actually an even temperature from one end of the room to another.
We can even shut the bathroom door while sitting on the toilet!
The bathroom shower even drains while you are taking your shower.
Good stuff.

When we checked in, they let us know there had been donations given if there's anything at all that we need to let them know.  
And we get breakfast every morning :)  

Yep, things are looking up.
Now, I just need to see my Maddie Rayne.  
Crossing my fingers I'll get back to Woodward soon!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment