About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Niche - Playtography

Lately I've been focusing on getting as much photography training as possible.  I'm in that mode that I just want to soak in all in like a sponge, and that's what I've been doing. 
When it comes to any art form, a recurring theme successful photographers will say is you have to find your own unique style.

I love this idea.  

 I think I've found something I can market as my own style.  I call it Playtography.  

It wouldn't be your typical photo session.  

There wouldn't be any posing!

There wouldn't be any pre-planned shots!

It would all be up to the kids.  
They would play and I would just happen to be hanging around with my camera. 

And I would get shots like these:  








I think families would like pictures like these.  
Real moments.  
Real laughter.
Real play.  

Real fun!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I know of a photographer that does something similar. She sets up the play, whatever the kids like, and then shoots them very naturally. I saw a session she did of a tea party that was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete