About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kansas City, Day One Continued

We had some time before the Wedding Rehearsal Friday afternoon. We really wanted to take Maddie back to the Deanna Rose Farmstead like we did here and here, but since it was raining we opted for the mall instead.  

I have a feeling most parents fear the mall and the barrage of the "i wants" that correlate.  
We discovered on our outing to the circus, that Maddie is perfectly content absolutely ecstatic to just see things she loves.  I don't think it even occurs to her that it is possible to actually take the thing she adores with all her being home with her!
An entire afternoon spent at the mall and we never once heard an "i want."   

This was the first time Maddie had ever been in an American Girl store.  
She looks so big...she's definitely getting a lot taller (even though she was still mistaken as a two-year-old on several occasions this weekend)

She especially liked Molly.  
I think it was the glasses. 

She found the bitty babies...

all done!

This cracked me up...a hair salon for your American Girl Doll!  haha

Daddy's seen enough dolls...time to move on!

...to the Disney Store!!

She spotted "Rella."  Maddie's word for Cinderella.  

And then she had to give each and every stuffed animal a kiss...



Next we spotted the double-decker carousel!


 and loved it so much we had to go again!

this time with Mommy. 
She said it was like Mary Poppins!  : )


Stay tuned...there's still more from Day One to come!
I have to stretch these posts out to reach my goal for 31 for 21!!


No comments:

Post a Comment