About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Photographic Elements

So, last Friday night before the rehearsal, we had some time to kill.  
Isn't that a strange phrase?  
Why so violent : )  

I really didn't want to kill time, but just put him to good use so I grabbed my camera.

Actually, I was thrilled to have the time.  
It's been a while since I've been able to just take leisurely pics since the 'ole business came into my life.  

An hour with my camera scoping out a new location is like the equivalent of a refreshing week's vacation on a beautiful remote island.  
It does wonders for my soul.  
I wanted to find as many photographic elements as I could.  

Fill the Frame with the Subject

 Parallel Lines

 Interesting Angles 

Reflection
  
Depth
  
Contrast

Framing

Foreground/Background
  
Repetition/Pattern
  
All this in ONE location!!  
How awesome is photography?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment