About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Childhood Memories

Do you ever wonder what your little ones will remember once they grow up?

I think about things I remember from childhood...
like when I'm folding Maddie's socks with the ruffles and a bow and the time Mom was out and Dad was taking care of us.  
Mom told me the socks went on certain feet, but I couldn't remember which foot was the right one. 
I asked Dad, but of course he didn't get it.  
He insisted that socks do not have a right or wrong foot.  
I knew they did because Mom told me so, and as a little bitty however-old-I-was person it was strangely important that I get this right!
We argued back and forth and I remember being completely exasperated trying to convince Dad to tell me which sock went on which foot.
We are both pretty stubborn!
And for all of you confused by these socks, I now know at 34 years of age that the side of the sock with the  bows go on the outside.

Or another memory that came flooding back while listening to Alan Jackson's Drive
We lived on dirt roads and Dad had an old green chevy pick-up.  
He would set me on his lap and let me "drive" home.  
That thrilled me to pieces!

Or the way Mom made such a big deal of our birthdays and she sent me to school with a flashing button to alert every one that yes, indeed, it was my birthday!

With Maddie's cheery disposition, I'm sure her memories will be happy and blissful because that's the way she sees the world, but I wonder WHAT she will remember. 

I can't wait for the time she's all grown up and we sit back and laugh and tell all of our "remember when" stories. 

These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with this blog post, but I just can't have a post with no pictures!!!

Just some more practice photos for the Academy photo shoot, which by the way went extremely well!  I did learn some very valuable lessons though...

Like although it's important to capture different angles and perspectives (bend down at eye level, climb up on step ladder for higher angle, and sit on floor at their level) these should be considered very carefully when you have to repeat 90 times for each student!

My legs were on FIRE by the end of the morning! 
I was completely spent...but in the end it was all worth it.  I thought the pictures turned out great. 


No comments:

Post a Comment