About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What Are These Books Doing To Me!?

Ah! Books!  
These books keep messing with my awesome life!  
It all started with Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy

Then it was Crazy Love by Francis Chan
Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God

Now, it's 7:An Experiemental Mutiny Against Excess
7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess

Before reading Choosing Gratitude, I would have told you I was a grateful person...uh, yaaa....I'm gonna have to back to you on that.  This book explored depths of gratitude I never knew existed.  
And when you find these new discoveries, it changes who you are... 
like I can't hear a worship song anymore without crying my eyes out.
 Geeesh, thanks gratitude!
Good-by composure, it was nice knowing ya... hello blubbering mess.

This  tilled the fertile soil of my soul for Crazy Love.
ay, ay, ay...talk about turning your awesome life upside down.
Seriously, no new bedroom makeover?
Fine. Only because I love you Jesus.  

But that wasn't enough!  
It's like the angels in heaven are conspiring against me and my awesome life.  
"Let's give her this one and she what she does with this," they say as one nudges the other in the side.  
What's worse my sister was in on this one.  
She's the one who told me about the book.  
So enters 7:An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess.  
I put my name on the library's waiting list September 4th.  
I checked it out September 20th.  
I finished it September 23nd.
I would have totally finished on the 20th had my family not required food and such.
It was that good.  

The premise of the book is about cutting back on things for yourself and your junk and making room for Jesus and his kingdom.  
It's about self-denial, which leads to self-awareness.  
It's about caring more for your neighbor than your comforts.  
It's good stuff.
Stuff I hope to implement very soon.  
 
And now, if you'll excuse me I think I have a memorial service to plan for my former awesome life!
 
 


























No comments:

Post a Comment