About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A VERY Close Call



Last night my Dad was on his way to work when he was hit by a drunk driver.  He miraculously has no broken bones and sustained no major injuries aside from a concussion. 

Psalm 139:5 says, "You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head."
Psalm 34: 19-20 "The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.  For the Lord protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken!"

We are incredibly thankful and praise God for his protection. 
Dad never drives this truck to work. 
He probably would not have fared as well in the Camrey he usually drives. 

I'm personally reminded of the frailty of life. 
This is the second close call for Dad in the last year. 
Almost a year ago, he broke his leg when a tractor slipped out of gear and ran over him. 

There's got to be a joke in there somewhere...part cat with nine lives? 
The-Man-With-Two-Second-Chances? 

(We tend to use humor to deal with things in my family.) 

But in all seriousness, I don't want to imagine life without Dad. 
I still consider him larger than life, there's nothing he can't do, hero to me kind of Dad. 

I love you, Dad!
Get well soon and make the most of your two second chances. : )   
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment