About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Perfect Timing

After the morning I had yesterday, I was ready for some play time with Maddie in the afternoon.  
At preschool they are learning about the letter B and talking about bears all week.  
So I stopped by the library and picked up the book Blueberries for Sal, one of my favorite children's books!

Blueberries for Sal


We read it and then set out with our pail to see if we could find berries in the back yard.  
And when you have a pail and a sandbox, you can't pass up the opportunity to fill it.
So first we filled the pail with sand...
and then set out on our adventure!


We searched...
 and searched...
and searched.

Maddie navigated the terrain very well!

 When there were no berries to be found, we resorted to filling the pail with other great treasures.

like leaves...
and sticks, and rocks.  

We talked about what kind of sound each of them would make in the pail.  
"Would it go "kurplunk" like the berries?"

I thought we would have a lot of contrast with the leaves and the sticks, but you might be surprised  how loud a crinkly leaf can be!!

There was lot of time for running and playing and being silly too!


And at bedtime, it only took 10 minutes for her to crash into a deep sleep!

So, my morning wasn't perfect.
But the time spent with Maddie was!
 




























No comments:

Post a Comment