About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, February 8, 2013

I Have a Theory...

I have been instructed by my #1 blog fan (Maddie's Daddy) to get back to the subject of Maddie! 
I know that's why you guys tune in as well : ) 

I am working on creating a new blog devoted solely to photography so that will be coming soon!  

But back to Maddie...
I have a theory that no matter what you make/sew/craft for your child, they are going to love it.  

I have the perfect example to prove my hypothesis.  (wow, digging into grade-school science!)

A couple of years ago I attempted to sew Maddie a bath robe.  
I considered it an epic fail, but for whatever reason, Maddie loved it.  

This morning after bath, she once again proved her love for her bath robe.  
It's not hard to recognize when Maddie's excited about something.  
She expresses it with her whole being.  

I haven't attempted any repairs, so it's still very disheveled. 
She plays with the straggling strings...

and the tie is still held together with a safety pin.

but the girl loves it.  

It has to be simply because I made it.  

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment