About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Shadow Proves the Sunshine

I love the lyrics from Switchfoot's song The Shadow Proves the Sunshine.

The last couple of months have proved to be a sad season in my life with the miscarriage and now having to put Gracie down.  

I realized this weekend though that God's mercies are new every day.  
The weekend was full of sunshine-y moments that warmed my heart.  

The first ray of light came Friday morning.  
Maddie and I have been volunteering at a Head Start with a couple of other ladies from church.  
We read books and do a few activities with the kids. 

There is nothing like a spontaneous hug from a 4-year-old to cast the shadows out of a darkened heart. 
I was still raw with emotion from the previous afternoon and I swear in that single, solitary moment I felt my heart mending.  

But the next day had even more mercies in store for me!  
I did a newborn session with the beautiful Maci Rose!  
Oh my...she was so precious.  What a blessing!

But then...
on Sunday...
the best ray of sunshine!  
My nephew Caleb was baptized!!
Congratulations buddy...welcome to the Kingdom : )  
You are so amazing, I can't wait to see what God has in store for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment