About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Baby Shower Love

I've been busy getting ready for a baby shower for a dear friend of mine from college.  I'm so excited!  She's going to love it!  We went with a garden theme and we are going to be doing things I've never seen at any other baby shower before.  I've been sewing these darling little diaper covers.
Aren't they cute!  If you want to make some to, the pattern and tutorial are available at this blog, MADE.
So, I've sewn two in each size and bought some fabric markers,
and the guests can decorate a diaper cover for the baby!   Like this...
So Tracy won't be going home with 20 diaper covers, we are also going to have things for people to make hair clips too.  My other friend whose helping me plan the shower crocheted flowers for hair clips!  I can't wait to see them, they are going to be so cute!
I wanted to decorate with things that are practical so I made this wreath.  It could be used after the baby comes if she wants to. 
I'm also working on a "blessing tree" where people can clip up words of advice and well wishes. Hopefully, I'll have pictures tomorrow at the shower.  Still more work to do...better go get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment