About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Celebrating Twelve Years!

Kyle and I just celebrated our 12th anniversary!  We decided to take a little family trip to Dallas to celebrate and go to the IKEA store.  We had a blast!  After we checked into our hotel, we found a great little sushi restaurant.  Maddie loved the udon noodles!  She slurped them up, in true toddler-fashion, which cracked us up.
Then we went to a nature preserve for a little hike.  
Maddie really enjoyed greeting everyone who passed by.
And she picked up a couple of "treasures"...

She used them to "sweep up" the path.  
The next day was IKEA day!!  I was so excited.  I've been perusing the catalog, making a wish list but looking through the catalog can never prepare you for the IKEA experience.  The place is H.U.G.E.!!!!
The top floor has everything displayed and set up just like it would be in your home.  The living rooms have everything in them down to the books on the shelves.  You follow along a path and when you see something in a setting you like you write down the aisle and bin number.
Or, if your too lazy to write it all down, you can take pictures like I did!  
It took us about two hours to make it through the path.  The end of the path leads you to the cafeteria.  The food was delicious and cheap!  Kyle had the Swedish meatballs and I had the stuffed salmon.  Maddie liked both of them, but she especially loved the meatballs!
After you finish with the top floor, you go downstairs to the "Market Place."  This is where you pick up all of little things...curtains, dishes, organizing bins, artwork, etc.  TONS of goodies, waiting to be claimed as yours!

We shopped and shopped and shopped!  Maddie literally shopped 'till she dropped.

She was out!
We ended up getting a lot of things to finish the playroom, but of all the things we found, I think these are one of my favorites!
They are wall hooks so Maddie can hang up her coat and mittens in the winter! : ) 

I would highly recommend a trip to IKEA if you haven't ever been before.  The place is amazing and so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment