About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Fun Day with Friends and Sea Creatures

Kyle and I took Maddie to the Oklahoma Aquarium yesterday where we met up with our good friends who moved to the area a few months ago.  Maddie's first reunion with her good buddy Kyler!!  We had so much fun!  Just to warn you, I took LOTS of pictures!  Here's some of my favorites...
So good to see our good friends!!  We miss you terribly!  
Kamrin! 

so peaceful

Love this pic!

one of my faves
Ha! One of Maddie's favorite exhibits.  Good thing she can't read yet. 
We found Nemo!

Maddie loved this one because of the bubbles!

This was by far the most interesting "sea creature" of the day!

3 comments:

  1. These turned out SO much better than the ones I took there last year. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! I practiced shooting in manual mode and found myself constantly adjusting! It was a good learning experience though. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I LOVE these pictures. Maddie reminds me of my little sister (13) who also has Downs. Sea World is one of her favorite places- she can watch the animals for hours. Makes me remember when Celeste was that size. :) I would love to email you but don't see a button to do so. You can email me at rleaht at mail dot com. Thank you for sharing your story! -Rachel

    ReplyDelete