About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays!

We really like celebrating birthdays around here.  We went back to Woodward over the weekend to surprise a good family friend with a 50th birthday party!  I doubt he was really all that surprised because my Mom and Dad do this with all the monumental birthdays...and...well...let's just say this wasn't their first!! Not that they're old or anything : )  We had a great time and a lot of laughs! 
Maddie really liked the balloons and riding in the wheelchairs!

She also really liked to dance to the music.  She was dancing to "Achy, Breaky Heart" and I thought it was so keen of her to pick up on the tone of the song without ever having heard it before.  Here's how she interpreted it...
Ha...it was hilarious!

She ran and ran and ran, and was completely exhausted by the end of the party.  Once we hit the road to travel back home, she was completely sacked out within 10 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures of Maddie. I love that she moves so easily.

    ReplyDelete