About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

First Family Devotional

We have this Gracie statue that sits on our front doorstep.  
Maddie is always moving her around the yard and leaving her in different spots.
Last night she threw her down on the sidewalk, and several Gracie-statue pieces lay on the sidewalk in the aftermath.
I had her help pick them up and talked about how important it was to be careful with things, that we gently put things down.  I asked her if she was sorry.  She signed "sorry."  
 I thought it would be great to use this as a object lesson later that night. 

Right before bed time I brought in all of the broken Gracie-statue pieces and told her that sometimes we mess up and things get broken in life. 
God can take our broken pieces and put things back together if we trust in Him. 

Kyle thought I was going to somehow bring out a newly restored Gracie statue...ha ha.  
Nope, but at least its just her backside that's broken. 
Can't even tell from the front! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment