About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's that time...

Here's what we've been up to the last couple of days!!!
Yep...potty training!  

I've kept her diaper off and she's been allowed to watch as much T.V. as she wants while sitting on her potty.  
When she potties we celebrate and dance and hoot and holler. 
She's had a few accidents on the floor, but the good thing is she will come and get me and bring me to the spot and say, "yuck!"  
I've learned a lot about her habits this way.  
For instance, while we were busy playing with the ball she dribbled a little (not the ball-but her potty). 
The potty chair was close by (we move it with us from room to room) so I quickly reminded her to sit on the potty and she finished up there.  
But it was like she was so involved in her play that she didn't even realize she was pottying. 

She also had three green smoothies the first day...and had to potty at least 15 times!!

And speaking of green smoothies, we spent some time in the garden yesterday and this is what we harvested...
We picked swiss chard, kale, beets, carrots, zucchini, cucumbers, and white squash.  


While we were outside she was really studying Gracie technique when going potty.
It was one of those Mommy moments I just had to hold my breath and hope she didn't want to investigate too close!!

We are still struggling with pooping in the potty.  
The first day she refused, even when she told me her tummy hurt.  

The second day she waited until naptime when I put her diaper on...then she went in her diaper : )  

Today she told me her tummy hurt and asked for a diaper!!  Smart girl!  : ) 

I think its probably time to go buy some panties...
Wish us luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment