About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Weekend Fun!

We headed up to Kansas City for Memorial weekend.   
Maddie had a blast!  
She loved Grandma and Grandpa's piano...
by the end of the weekend, it was even beginning to sound like real music!  

Saturday morning we were super excited to head to the Deanna Rose Farmstead.  
We went last year too and have been itching to go back ever since.  
We saw the chickens.  Maddie was wondering where the eggs were!  

We saw the baby cows,

and the baby goats.

Maddie enjoyed the big goats too.  

 This prairie dog was a friendly little fellow.  : )

 I couldn't resist getting a few photography shots! 


Maddie remembered the children's garden...she ran in when she saw the entrance and knew exactly what to do with this butterfly!
(this one was from last year- she's gotten so big!)



Love those tippy-toes!!

Daddy got a shot of Maddie and me!

The next day we went to a walking trail. 
Maddie literally ran most of the way!!


We can't wait for Special Olympics!!

We took a short break from running to play at the playground.  

and then more running!!



 When she finally got tired of running, we had a little skip!  

And while we skip away off into the sunset, I'll leave you with my favorite picture of the weekend...

This one Kyle captured!!  : ) 

1 comment: