About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, May 7, 2012

My Photography Journey

I still can't believe I'm a professional photographer!
I'm living out my dream, but the ironic thing is, I never knew it was a dream of mine until it became a reality!
I never set out to become a professional photographer.  
In the beginning, I just wanted to capture photos of Maddie.  

My first photo shoot was May 14 last year.  
I had taken some classes and a friend of mine really wanted pictures of her little one who had already turned one.  
I suggested we meet at the park and I could take some pictures and just see if they turned out.  The only thing we had to lose was maybe wasted time.  
The pictures turned out amazing!!
That's when I began to suspect this thing I had was bigger than just me.  
It was my God-given talent and those pictures were a result of God working through me. 

Since then I have shot 34 other photo shoots.  I have 5 scheduled this week and a calendar that's filling up!
As I was driving to my photo shoot last night, I was overcome with gratitude.  
I've been trying to put into words what I've been experiencing over the past year.  
The best I can do is to say  is I'm in God's pocket.  

"Commit everything you do to the Lord.  Trust him, and he will help you."  Psalm 37:5

I like His pocket.  It's nice and warm and I hope I get to stay a while! 


No comments:

Post a Comment