About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Chickens!

It's been so long since I've blogged there's a lot to catch you up on!
I'll start with our little adventure with the chickens.  
We have the best neighbors ever!  
Terrie invited us to see the chickens she's taking care of while her sister was out of town.  
Maddie was so excited!!
She got to gather the eggs...


and then she chased the chickens around flapping her "wings" and yelling, "CHICK-en!"

I didn't know that chickens could fly, but at one point some of them flew over the fence and Maddie was really upset about that!
But Terrie's brother-in-law told her at dusk they would all head back to the coop on their own.  
We were both wondering if they really would or if we would be running around like crazy trying to catch these chickens!
But amazingly, at just the right time, they flew back over the fence and headed into the coop.  
Then, the rooster cock-a-doodle-dooed and the rest of the hens came marching in!  
It was amazing! 

It makes me want to get chickens now.  
Terrie even let us keep the eggs Maddie gathered and they were so delicious!!  
Thanks for letting us tag along, it's an experience we won't forget. : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment