About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sleep Study - Check!

Wow, I'm glad that's over!
We survived our sleep study and now will wait about two weeks for the results.  
Maddie was such a little trooper!  
She really enjoyed her bracelet :)  
Our appointment was for 9:00, but they didn't get her ready until 11:30.

She nearly fell asleep around 10:30 but held on.  

 Finally, she was all set and ready to go!

I really worried that she would not like all those probes and stickers put on her.  
I tried to prep her for what would happen, but it was kind of like the blind leading the blind!! 
I had no idea what to really expect.  
I just told her they would put a whole bunch of stickers on her.  

She was ok with most everything except the one on her throat to monitor her snoring.  
She did NOT want to leave that one on.  
After a good bit of coaxing, and finally allowing her to put it on herself, she left it there.  

She really liked that her finger lit up!!

She really didn't like the nose piece.
She kept trying to lick it with her tongue!!  Haha :)  

It was probably midnight before she actually fell asleep.  
I was shocked by how terribly she slept. 

I knew she snored and occasionally had trouble getting air.
Either I was blissfully ignorant or this was truly the first time this happened but she would literally sit straight up, gasping for breath!
And not just once, multiple times!
I'm very curious to get the results because it felt like an endless night of not much sleep, but I wonder, in reality, if things were different. 

At one point, in a sleepy stupor she got really irritated with all of the wires and threw a little fit while still sleeping. I had to chuckle at that, because that's exactly what I would have wanted to do too!
We were able to end our session about 20 minutes early because she was awake anyway.  
We got back home around 6:30 a.m. and she's been sleeping ever since. (2 1/2 hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment