About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Cleaning Task 1 - Done!

I have dusted all of the blinds in the house...TEN 6' x 2' and washed all of the drapes.  Feels good, and definitely a task needing to be done.

BEFORE:
AFTER:

My Mom really helped a LOT on Saturday.  She stayed Friday night and then left Saturday evening.  First, I vacuumed all of the blinds

and Mom went in and dusted them.

We got half of them done Saturday and then I finished the rest yesterday. 

A few things I learned...when your toddler is "helping" you with the vacuum, make sure you track where she goes with the vacuum attachments...I still can't find the extender arm so the top 3 slats of the blinds actually didn't get vacuumed because I couldn't reach them.  I still have NO idea where she put it!  Hopefully it will be recovered with the rest of the spring cleaning tasks. : {

Next spring cleaning task...Dusting!

1 comment:

  1. I drew up a quick spring cleaning chart...now I just need to start on the work. :) Blinds are on my list too.

    ReplyDelete