I love this picture so much, it literally takes my breath away.
I'm a dreamer.
I see life in big pictures.
Not so much.
That's why I married Kyle : )
I dream the dreams and he figures out the details.
I've been dreaming a lot lately.
I'm going to be 34 in a few short months.
Which means I'm only 6 years and a few short months away from 40!!
Not only am I a dreamer, I'm also a list-maker.
Oh, how I LOVE lists!
So, this is what I call my 40x40...
40 things I want to do before I'm 40.
1. Make a quilt
2. Write a children’s book
3. Publish a children’s book
4. Hike in the mountains with my family
5. Learn to knit or crochet
6. Can something homegrown
7. Travel to Europe
8. Travel to Hawaii
9. Run a Marathon
10. Teach Maddie how to take pictures
11. Learn to play guitar
12. Create on outdoor sanctuary
13. Plant a willow tree
14. Read the entire bible
15. Tell everyone I love in my life what I love about them
16. Read all of C.S. Lewis’ books
17. Take pictures in Africa
18. Climb Mount Fuji
19. Throw a huge party for my parents 40th anniversary
20. Pay off our house
21. See the ocean
22. Take Maddie to Disney World
23. Swim with dolphins
24. Have a Homemade Christmas
25. Go an entire week with no T.V.
26. Print my blog in a book
27. Write a will
28. Teach Maddie to read and write
29. Go camping with Maddie
30. Take an amazing photo of a bird
31. Master food photography
32. Potty train Maddie
33. Work exercising into my schedule
34. Make sure Maddie knows about Grandparents she never met
35. Plan a girls getaway weekend with my gal pals
36. Earn enough with my photography business to buy all of the equipment I want
37. Win a photography contest
38. Teach a photography class
39. Go on a Cruise
40. Set up a photography studio in my home.
I have no idea how or if I'll accomplish all of my goals.
Sometimes it's enough for me to just have them written down.
It gives me something to dream about.
And dreaming is good. Goals are good. It's better to have something to work towards and fail, than to never have set out to do anything at all.
I don't really like to sit back and let life happen, I'd much rather be a contributing factor.
I also know that planning too far into the future is futile.
God is in control, and his plan will override my own.
Besides, I've learned from the book Heaven by Randy Alcorn that it's very possible all of these things on my list will be waiting for me in heaven if I don't get to experience them here.
And that's definitely something worth dreaming about!!
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." -Philippians 4:8