About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Handmade Toys!

I love making little things for Maddie to play with.  I wanted at least one of her Christmas gifts to be handmade.  
I found the idea for Maddie's handmade Christmas gift on a fantastic blog called Gluesticks
Here's my humble version.  


 These little cuties blossomed into such friendly personalities, I couldn't help but play a little myself!!

The thing about handmade toys, I've noticed, is even though they are not perfect (mine never are!) Maddie loves them just the same (if not more) than store-bought toys.  I don't know if this is possible, but its almost like she picks up on the time and love I poured into making it.  
If you haven't ever made anything for your kids, even if you don't think you are "creative" try something easy like these matching dolls and see what happens.  All of the supplies I picked up at Hobby Lobby in the unfinished wood aisle and paint aisle.  

Just beware, you may find the inner child within you begin a conversation with Little Miss Red and Pretty Miss Yellow!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was simply checking out this blog and I really admire the premise of the article and this is really informative. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks

    ReplyDelete