About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

What I Love About You Project

Some of you may have read my 40x40 list in this post.
Today I'm getting started on #15...Tell the people I love in my life what I love about them.
I'm starting with my good friend Tracy. 

I have a theory...if everyone had a friend like Tracy in their life, no one would ever need a therapist again!
I have a few close friends that I can bear my whole soul to and they wouldn't flinch.  
Tracy's one of them.
I called Tracy the other day and we spent a little bit of time catching up and then, like all good friends, she knew something wasn't right with me.  
She asked me if I'm just having a blah kind of day.  
And this is what I love about Tracy...she's a great listener.
She really listens, and somehow she makes me feel like the most important person in the world, with the most interesting things to say, and the most dynamic puzzles to solve.
And even though I had problems that couldn't be solved in one day, I felt better after talking to her.
I always feel better after talking to Tracy.
There's just something so gracious about her presence and I am so thankful she's my friend!

To have a good friend, you need to be one. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hope I can be as a good a friend to Tracy as she is to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment