About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Balancing It All

I love this collage.  
I stare at it all the time.  
I cannot WAIT to get it up on my wall. 

There is something comforting in having all of these images knowing that Maddie is getting bigger and bigger.  We can't hold back time, but at least we can remember.  Every photo is associated with a memory that I love.  The day we built a snowman.  The day we played hide-n-seek and her little legs were poking out under the pillow.  The day she was helping me cook and picked up the broccoli and took a big bite.  Super fun day at preschool when I discovered she was far more independent than I had ever realized. 

I've been somewhat torn lately...feeling a lot of guilt.  : {
My photography business has been great, I'm getting lots of work and growing more and more.  
The only downfall is the time it takes away from Maddie. 

I miss those long, leisurely days of playing together just the two of us.  
The good news is I've signed up for a training for photographers to specifically address balancing your photography business and your family time.  
Just what I need!!!

Hopefully there will be lots of good advice on how to manage it all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment