About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Snow Day!!

FINALLY!!

It arrived!!

SNOW!

We have been reading and reading and reading tons of winter books about snow and snowmen and things to do in the winter.  I didn't think we would ever be able to play in the snow this winter.  
But finally...it came!

We loved our snow day.  
As soon as Maddie saw the snow, she went as fast as she could to the coat rack and signed "coat." She was ready to go play!

I didn't invest in a new snow suit and when I pulled out the one from last year, I couldn't believe it when I read the tag and saw 12 months!  oops!  
I decided we could squeeze into it...and amazingly...it fit OK!
I lucked out.  

I wasn't so lucky when it was time to put gloves on.
Maddie did not have any good snowman-building-mittens. 
So, once again, we improvised...
HaHa.  This makes me laugh.  I used plastic wrap and packing tape to try and make them waterproof.  


Once Tenley woke up from her nap, we were all set to venture out.  I wasn't completely comfortable having  Tenley out in the snow, so she sat snug and comfortable by the door where she could watch!


We were enjoying being outside.


We found lots an unnerving amount of animal tracks...
Some of which seemed rather large!

And then all that work to jerry rig waterproof mittens...
The silly thing would NOT stay on!

But none of that could deter us from building the best snowman ever!


Maddie wanted to give the snowman her hat
She also wanted to give him her coat. I convinced her the snowman was very happy with just his scarf.


So instead she gave him hugs and kisses!


I hope we've created another memory she'll remember with joy : ) 

I know I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment