About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rain Frolic

It's amazing what a little play can do.  
Friday I was feeling a little ho-hum.  
The lack of blog posts lately directly parallels the lack of pictures I've taken.
And when I'm not taking pictures, I get to feeling a little incomplete.  
It's weird.
So, after staring at the pantry forever, I looked at Maddie and declared, "We're going to get Chicken!"
Maddie excitedly exclaims, "CHICK- IN!" Because she knows chicken means we are treating ourselves to a meal at Chick-fil-a!
It was raining so we put her galoshes on.
When we opened the garage door she suddenly found the best rain puddle of all time.  


I couldn't deny her the chance of her (3-yr-old) lifetime to take advantage of such a great rain puddle.  
So she began playing and I had to grab the camera. 

I was getting hungry but this was so fun...


And suddenly, I wanted to play to! 

After a long while, I tried to get her excited about chicken again, but rain puddles can even trump a trip to Chick-fil-a!


After an hour or so of playing in the rain, I brought out snacks.  
After another 30 minutes or so, we were both soaked!  

We came in, dried off, and suddenly I found all kinds of things to fix for lunch! 

Play feeds the soul.  
And when our souls are fed, our creativity flourishes.

I hope we always find the opportunity to play when our souls need it the most.  


No comments:

Post a Comment