About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Vacation Highlights!!

We took a quick little vacation to Branson last week.  
It was very nice and relaxing.  
We stayed at the Cliffs at Long Creek.  It's our 3rd time to stay there and it's still breathtaking how beautiful it is!



We drove a different route this time and took more of the scenic/backroads way and I'm so glad we did...
I did some drive-by shooting ; )


We got lucky on the way down...Maddie slept for about two hours.

Maddie's favorite part of the trip was hands down SWIMMING!

Maddie insisted on swimming out to the deep end of the infinity pool!  She loved it : ) 



We got this great little "swimsuit" with built in floatation device.  It was perfect!!  Peace of mind really helps when it comes to enjoying the swimming experience.

We got some good family pics too...

This is definitely an accurate depiction of my parents : )  
Dad says something sarcastic and Mom laughs and says nuh-uh!  

My nephew, Evan.

My niece, Emilie.  

The other two nephews run when the camera comes out!  
But at least Emilie lets me play around...

Tried some new techniques with off camera flash! 

My favorite part of vacation was horseback riding.  My sister, Emilie, and I went.  
I finally realized why some use horses for therapy.  When you are riding, the rhythm of the gait and the back and forth could really help with physical therapy.  

It was great to get away for a few days before the busy, busy school schedule hit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment