About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fun with Reindeer and such...

So Monday Kara, our speech therapist, was out and she always has great ideas on things to do with Maddie.  She gave us this cute little song, Ten Little Reindeer Sung to the tune "Ten Little Indians".  I just couldn't help myself when I found these patterns at The Idea Room blog.  I made one reindeer for each finger to sing with our new song. Maddie loved it!
We also worked on some of our Montessori trays.
I love that little look of concentration and determination.  It may be a while before she's really ready to use the tongs effectively, but she enjoyed it and that's the goal for now.  It's a fine line sometimes to know when to push a little and when to patiently wait for her skills to catch up with her. For now I'm just introducing things to her and keeping it lighthearted and fun.  I have a feeling she will find the motivation within herself to push through any learning obstacles later on in life.  If these power struggles we've had with time outs is any indication, she has PLENTY of drive! (and for that I am so very grateful : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment