About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

From Drab to Fab

So, I haven't done Maddie's laundry in a while so all of her cute outfits are dirty.  This was the option I was left with yesterday morning.
I bought it at a consignment sale a while back.  I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it, but my rule with consigned clothes is no more than $5 per item.  I'm guessing I probably spent $2. 
It's OK. It's practical.  But it kind of speaks masculinity to me, and it seems stuck in the 80's.
So...I had an hour while Maddie watched Sesame Street and I did this!
 Aww, that's much better!  It's not perfect but it'll do.  You can't tell from far away, but my applique skills need a LOT of work!
HA! see what I mean!  I felt like a little schoolgirl desperately trying to color within the lines.  I just laughed when it was all done because it's such a mess!  Oh well, it will keep that deer on those overalls and that's really what I was going for : ) 
Despite the horrendous applique, I really like how it turned out.  Maybe I should forgo laundry more often!  Hey, I like that idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment