About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fabulous Fall Day

The weather has been so beautiful lately.  Maddie and I had one of those days with absolutely nothing on the agenda besides playing.  I love those days.  We spent a lot of time outside.  I dug out weeds in the garden while Maddie explored, getting herself filthy.  Every time a bird would sing, Maddie would say, "OH NO!"  Not sure why oh no, but that seems to be her exclamation of choice these days.  And any yes/no question asked is always answered with a polite, but emphatic "Noooo."  
I had a great time taking pictures.  Here's what I captured yesterday.
 We had some welcome and unwelcome guests in the garden.  Top right...welcome!  Bottom right...unwelcome!!
I love this shot.  You can actually see my reflection in her eyes, and her expression speaks volumes with her little lips pursed.  She wanted something from Mommy and I'm pretty sure it wasn't her picture taken! 

No comments:

Post a Comment