About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Fire Safety Day at Preschool!

Yesterday I went to preschool with Maddie.  I'm working on a project for the school, taking pictures and I had a blast!  It makes me miss teaching!  I was wearing a yellow headband and one of the four-year-olds nicknamed me Ms. Banana.  Ha!  The teacher was trying to keep him polite by having him ask my real name, but I thought that was hilarious and very clever. : )  I also got lots and lots of hugs from the two-year-olds and a three-year-old told me she loves me.  Ah, the best day ever!
Here's a few pics...
Here comes the firetruck!

The firemen showed the kids what they look like with all their gear so they wouldn't be scared, but it still made some of the little ones cry!

We got to see the big, tall ladder too!
After the firemen left, I spent some time in each of the classrooms.  Here's some shots of Maddie at preschool.
Apparently, Maddie loves crawling under the train table

learning the color pink

working on a pink collage
I really am glad she's in preschool.  It's been so good for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment