About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Pictures

We had a great Easter this year, but for some reason it felt different.  
The only thing I really did for Maddie this year was make her dress and get a new Easter basket.
I did get a few things to put in her Easter basket, but we never even put it out!
We didn't color eggs, we didn't fix her hair up with curls, I didn't make Easter bread!  
All these "traditions" I wanted to start can't really be traditions if you only do them once!! 

Oh well.  The weird thing is, I didn't even feel guilty about not doing all of those things.
 It was enough to just be with family. 

And I was really happy to have made her dress that she looked so stinkin' cute in!



Maddie didn't even really get into the egg hunts much.  She had three eggs that she liked and she just kept taking those same three eggs out and putting them back in her basket.  

Not everyone wanted pictures taken this year, but I managed to get a few of my sister and me niece and nephew.



In order to get a real smile from my nephew, I had to tease him about a little girl he has a crush on!

I may not be the only one in the family with an eye for photography.  Kyle took this shot of Emilie!

and this is my favorite of the day...


I hope you guys had a great Easter whether you went all out and did all of the traditions, or just took it easy and enjoyed family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment