About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pretty Peonies and Lovely Lilacs

The spring after Maddie was born I planted peonies.  
They are one of my favorite flowers.  
I didn't realize they took so long to bloom, so when I noticed the pink petals blooming last week for the first time I was soo excited!!
Aren't they so pretty!? 

Several years ago I got a cutting of lilac bush from my sister and planted it. 
It's doing amazing, so a couple of weeks ago I thought Maddie and I could make an arrangement together. 


And this is what we got to enjoy for a week or so...


We used these amazing frog lids for mason jars...so ingenious!!

You can find them here

I know I'm not the best housekeeper, and I'm still a little too comfortable with clutter, but it's so nice to bring in something beautiful to make a house feel like home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment