About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, April 30, 2012

What You Know vs. What you Feel

I went to a photography club meeting last week and I'm still trying to process what I learned.  
I'm in that category of knowing just enough to be dangerous!

I was excited to test out this new knowledge and had a great time experimenting on Maddie.
She's always been a good test subject!
These were taken Friday..she still had the heart on her cheek from Super Fun Day. 
Notice that cheek had not been given a good scrub after breakfast! 
 Trying to preserve it as long as possible : )

Later that evening we were out in the garden.  
Maddie could NOT leave the water alone!
She inadvertently watered the garden, but really the task was all about feeling the water!

I love this photo.  I wanted to slow the motion of the water so I sped up my shutter speed quite a bit.  
I love the effect of the few droplets falling.  

We followed this little guy all around the back yard.  


I'm still in my first year of professional photography.  
Just when it seems I've figured it all out, something shakes my world (and my confidence).  
I'm embracing the journey but I'm realizing sometimes it's better to go with your instinct than your head knowledge.  
I never want to quit learning and I never want to be that person who thinks they've arrived and know it all.  
When I take photos, it's like I'm transported to another world.
 Time has no meaning.  
Nothing but my subject exists. 
I hate it when I get in my head and muggle that up with technical details.  
 I REALLY HATE THAT!!
So, I'm trying to find that happy balance between technical knowledge and passion!

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I completely understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pictures!!!!! The last pic where she is trying to catch the water on her tongue is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete