About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Very Vintage

We are going vintage around here.  I picked up this adorable hat, gloves and purse recently and Maddie has a great time playing dress up with them!
The only thing missing were the pearls!  They are stashed away with my photography props.  

I think it's so funny how girls innately know what to do with a purse, a phone, and a pair of gloves!

 Just as dress-up comes naturally to little girls, so does dance.  
We went to my niece's dance competition this weekend. 
I wasn't prepared for what I was about to see.  

What has happened in our culture that we applaud and cheer on little girls dancing promiscuously with hardly any clothing?  
I was shocked, and completely overcome with emotion.  I couldn't stop the tears.  I still can't stop them as I think about it now.  
It just makes me so sad.  
 
What's happened to our little girls innocence?  
We are talking about 8-12 year old little girls!

I have to say my niece's dances were not ones I was concerned about, thank goodness!  
And some routines were amazing.  Such talented girls who maybe showed their forearms, but nothing else!
I was so happy when these girls won!  
It can be done innocently...so why do some go over the top?  
 
If this is today's trend...we are going very vintage...and for a long time too!!


1 comment:

  1. It is sad, isn't it? I have two girls and the clothing I see marketed towards them saddens me. I'm with you on the vintage! Maddie couldn't be cuter in that hat & gloves... what a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete