About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, January 11, 2013

12 of the Best of 2012

It's January.
Every January I think back through the year and begin to cherish all of the memories.  
Photos are such an important part of who we are, I cannot imagine life without them.  

Narrowing it down to just 12 was much more difficult than I had imagined!
(I only had 10,902 to choose from)  
(and yes, those are just personal, everyday photos)

Thank goodness we live in a world of digital : )  


1) I love her smirky smile in this one.  



2) I absolutely love it when she plays dress up!  She always has to have a hat and layers as many items as possible.
3) Her first Snowman!!  That was such a fun day : )
4) Playing peek-a-boo around the tree...life doesn't get much better than this.
5) Practicing sunflare.  Love the light in this one, makes her appear angelic.
6) The joy of a rain puddle!  It was so great to experience it through her eyes.
7) LOVE this sweet little expression! And I love this photo because her dress was handmade...a treasure I found at the consignment sale for $2!
8) This is Maddie at her best!  I was practicing for school portraits and whatever she was imagining in her head, expressed themselves in several various faces in  a matter of seconds!  
9) Watering the garden...she couldn't help but play in it!
10) This one is so sweet, and Kyle took this shot.
11) I love this one because the environment of the park speaks to who she is at 4 years old. 
12) And finally, more water play!!  We found this was the best way to beat the summer heat.
So that's it!

What do you guys to do remember the year? 
Do you keep a journal?
Do you print your photos?
Do you make an album? 



No comments:

Post a Comment