About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kansas City Trip

Somehow I've gotten behind on blogging!
Since we weren't able to see Kyle's family at Christmas, we went up for a visit a couple of weekends ago.

I still haven't posted pictures yet!  
So, here goes. 

We went to the zoo, which oddly enough, was the most beautiful spring-like day right in the middle of January!

We decided to treat it like a mini-photoshoot so I could get some more practice in.  
It was fun!!

These are the kind of shots you can get when you use the concrete sidewalk as a reflector.
  Even with the cap on, there are no shadows hiding his eyes! : )  


As soon as Maddie saw the carousel, there was no way she was passing it by!  

There were lots of little spots for good portraits along the way...

I just love the backlighting on these shots!!

Still practicing reflections...


Play time with daddy while walking to the elephants!

Gotta stop for a snack...


and finally, picture with Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment: