About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Emotional Ping Pong Game

Once again, thank you to everyone who has come out and helped clean up, called or texted to check on us, housed us for the night, donated items in need, prayed for us, and contributed fininacially!  

To give you an update, we are staying at Tinker temporary housing through the end of the month. 
We have been cleaning up and doing what we can to prevent further damage like boarding up the windows and covering all of the holes in the roof with tarps.  

We are so very blessed!  

Even though I wake up every day with a physical headache as well as the figurative headache of what lies ahead, my heart is overwhelmed with gratitude.  
I think it's true that love really does heal these kinds of wounds. 

That's not to say that everything has been easy and wonderful.  
I'm struggling!

I'm struggling with feeling grateful when all I want is my favorite kind of toothpaste, instead of what is donated.  
I'm struggling with the fact that I will have to replace my very favorite pillow and I just don't see how any other pillow will be as great as my favorite pillow.  
I'm struggling with the fact that all of the wonderful new clothes I just bought for vacation and only wore once will now have to be thrown out.
I'm struggling with the fact that we are at the mercy of insurance adjusters who seem to have different opinions on what we should/should not do.  

I'm struggling with the fact that I'm struggling.  

There is so much to process, it feels like an emotional game of ping pong.
I'm not the only one finding it difficult dealing with things.

Maddie's staying with my Mom and Dad while we clean up and sort things out.  
Mom said Maddie will be just fine and then out of blue, will put her head in her hands and start quietly crying.  
She doesn't know how to express what she's feeling, poor thing.  
Isn't that what we all do when things just get too overwhelming?  
There's nothing like a good, cleansing cry to help you feel better.  

We are hanging in there and taking things day by day.  

Please know that all of your wonderful thoughts and prayers and generosity and willingness to help is truly the thing that keeps hope alive.  
We were never meant to survive alone and being connected to each of you in these beautiful relationships is what life is all about.  

I love all of you and hope that the love you pour out will return to you tenfold! 


No comments:

Post a Comment