About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Glory - For the Things Unseen

Yesterday was so much better than the day before. 
I had several of those good, cleansing cries and felt much better.  

As we began cleaning up, I found a scripture I had written down on a piece of paper. God is so good to give us just what we need when we need it.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 "That is why we never give up.Though our bodies are dying our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long, yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather we fix our gaze on the things that can't be seen.  For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." 

Things we cannot see - like gracious, giving hearts opening up to supply our physical needs and even our wants (Thank you Loraine!!)
Things we cannot see - like the time given from friends traveling in from out of town (and even out of state) to come and work alongside us (Thanks Tommy, Tara, Courtney, Jamie, Jill and Troy!!)
Things we cannot see - like the phone calls offering things we didn't even realize we needed (Thanks Jennifer and Draper Christian Church!)
Things we cannot see -like the compassion, sympathy, and prayers of all of our precious and dear friends and even new friends we've never met!  
I wish I could list every one of you all by name!!

Today we are tackling the playroom...


and if we have time, the master bathroom...


Yesterday we got the carpet pulled up on the living room, worked on Maddie's bedroom, packed up lots of things in the master bedroom, got most of the debris cleaned up in the backyard, and cut the cottonwood down that was just a little sapling when we moved in.  
Thanks to all of the people in Kyle's office who came and worked so hard in the back yard!
As I'm typing this list of all that was accomplished, we had so much help along the way and I don't think I could ever adequately thank all of you who came out to help!
What a blessing!
Troubles are temporary, but the things unseen will last forever...thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment