About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fishing vs. Shopping

Day Three

Something happens when you go on vacation.  Sometimes your mind goes on vacation too.  Dad and Kyle had been eager to go fishing since we arrived.  At least 15 times a day we would hear the computer generated voice on speaker phone announcing the status of the generators at the dam. "He" would say, "Heh-wo, This.is.a.com.puter.gen.er.ated.mess.age."  Every time the answer would be zero.  Which means nothing to me, but apparently translates to good fishin'.  So, the night of Day Two Dad and Kyle spent a good amount of time getting the fishing gear ready.  Kyle used his fishing vest, the kind with a pocket for everything. He meticulously put each and every thing in its assigned place.  So, you can imagine my surprise when Mom and I are getting ready for our shopping trip and I get a call from Kyle.  He wants to know if I can bring him his fishing vest.  What?  No way to explain it, except he had vacation-brain. 


Mom and I enjoyed a great day of shopping, you know the  I-think-I'll-adjust-the-budget-because-I-really-need-this kind of shopping!  I just love Target! I do have a small, tiny confession to make.  If you read yesterday's post, you know our ordeal with not trying on clothes before buying.  With a sleeping baby in my arms, I chose to forego the trying-on-clothes-before-buying-rule and snatched up a lovely dress.  Fortunately, it fits like a glove. : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment